Facility Support Technician
- Supportive and friendly team
- Parental Leave Cover, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Parkville Location
About the role:
A unique opportunity to support the Core Animal Services team has become available at the Florey Institute. The Core Animal Services Team are a supportive and highly respected team that plays an integral part in the operation of the Florey Institute.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The processing of rodent caging equipment
- Operating large machinery
- Manual handling of food and bedding deliveries
- Logistics of heavy stock items
- General cleaning and stocktaking.
The Facility Support Technician's working hours are from 7:00am – 3:00pm (Monday – Friday). This role can only be performed onsite at our Parkville facilities. Public holiday work may be required on a rotating roster.
This role is fixed-term until February 2022 at 1.0 FTE. The Facility Support Technician role is classified as Higher Education Worker 3-1 and paid $52,941 per annum.
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description.
You are a team player who thrives in being part of a close-knit community. Prior experience in this field is not necessary.
Prior experience in the following is advantageous:
- Commercial Cleaning
- Factory hand
- Working in an animal facility washroom (desirable)
Closing Date: Applications for this role close 30 July 2021
For any inquiries please email Mat Salzone (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our HR team at email@example.com.
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check.