Executive Manager of Philanthropy and Fundraising
About the role:
As the Executive Manager of Philanthropy and Fundraising, you will strategically plan and oversee the fundraising and philanthropy activities of the Florey Institute. You will inspire and activate financial support from the community and encourage sustainable and ongoing relationships with donors and partners from all walks of life. Managing a small and dedicated team of fundraisers, you'll provide the necessary vision, leadership and fundraising skills to embed a philanthropic culture within the Institute. This role will see you work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders however key players include.
- Executive and research leadership
- Board Fundraising committee
- Support services
- Public affairs team
- Donors and supporters
- Florey community
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a fundraising and philanthropy strategy in line with the Florey strategic plan
- Develop a supporter engagement plan and drive fundraising activities to grow and diversify fundraising channels
- Proactively identify, facilitate, nurture and build high-quality relationships with prospective and current donors
- Build and sustain high-level collaborative relationships with a network of internal colleagues and external stakeholders to support philanthropic fundraising
- Review and improve the Florey's existing Customer Relationship Management system for managing stakeholder and donor
- Implement market and competitive intelligence, including internal and external data analytics to assess performance, trends and fundraising opportunities
- Provide advice, support, guidance and mentoring to executive, researchers and key administrative staff on fundraising and philanthropy needs
- Regular engagement with Board, the Fundraising Committee and Florey executive, including reporting on key metrics and progress against agreed milestones
- Use a variety of fundraising techniques to proactively maintain or enhance current donor relationships
- Engage with key external communities to build a pipeline for future philanthropic growth.
- Use best practise to maintain or grow Florey's community of bequestors.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in a leadership/fundraising role ideally in the NFP sector however considerations will also be shown for experience in sectors such as Education, corporate or health. Building strong relationships is key to this role's success so individuals who can demonstrate the ability to nurture and develop business and have done this in a previous role should apply. During the interview process, you will be able to demonstrate that you have an empathetic nature, be a good listener and really show your understanding of the importance of this role.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in business, marketing, or a related field, or demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising in a similar organisation
- Sound management experience
- Strong analytical, research planning and project management skills
- Sound knowledge of fundraising standards and principles
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing relationships with key stakeholders
What we offer:
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration.
Other benefits include:
Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
Up to 17% superannuation
Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
If this sounds like an opportunity that aligns with your experience, then please submit your application today or call Louise Della-Negra on 0477 000 638 for a confidential chat.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any enquiries regarding this opportunity should be made directly to Louise Della-Negra.