Research Assistant – Neuropsychology
About the role:
We have a rare opportunity for a Research Assistant - Neuropsychology to join our outstanding team of scientists and directly support the Train Smart Study (Victoria University/The Florey Institute collaboration). The Research Assistant will be responsible for cognitive testing of research participants and liaising with the Parkville 7T staff for MRI bookings. This is a busy role that will see multiple collaborations with different teams and researchers.
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on Research Assistant who is looking to grow their experience in the medical research sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and conducting neuropsychological assessments and computerized cognitive testing of participants
- Scoring neuropsychological tests and completion of associated data entry into online and locally maintained databases
- Preparing brief reports for referral of appropriate cases to clinical panel meetings
This role is fixed-term until August 2022 at 0.6 FTE (21.75 hours) and attracts a full-time salary in the range of Research Assistant 3 ($74,010) to Research Assistant 5 ($80,890)
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description
You have successfully attained a Postgraduate degree in Neuropsychology or have prior Experience in Cognitive Testing. You pride yourself in your work ethic, values and customer service. You enjoy working part of a team but are as efficient working independently.
Prior experience in the following is advantageous:
- Cognitive testing
- Clinical trial or clinical research
- Projects that require MRI scanning
- Demonstrated database management experience and data entry skills
Closing Date: Applications for this role close 23 July 2021.
If you meet the selection criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply.
For any inquiries please email Mr. Chandon Fernando (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our HR team at email@example.com.
What we offer
Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check.