The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is a medical research institute specialising in the brain and mind and is one of the world’s top 10 brain research centres. We employ exceptionally talented people who work to solve the greatest brain and mind challenges of our era. Our staff and students are the bedrock of our research and success, and we strive for excellence by fostering partnerships and empowering people. At the Florey our mission-driven culture enables our people to collaborate, thrive, learn, make ground-breaking discoveries and advance humanity through brain and mind science.
About the role:
A research assistant position is available at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, University of Melbourne to support the operation of a large research team. The ideal candidate for this role would have a science background with experience in administration and management. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide ad-hoc admin support to Dr Yijun Pan and other lab members
- Carry out experimental work as arranged by Dr Yijun Pan
- Assist in data analysis
- Manage reagents/consumables ordering and storage
- Manage animal work with Tick@Lab
- Assist manuscript and grant preparation
- Facilitate student administration tasks
Detailed information and key responsibilities are available from the Position Description.
This position is a fixed term until 1 October 2024, part-time role (1.5 days per week). The role attracts an annual salary offer Research Assistant 3-5 (RA3-5) $77,695 - 84,917 Pro-rata, commensurate with experience.
Applicants who meet the criteria listed in the Position Description should submit their resume together with a cover letter no later than 20 September 2023.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent
- Experience in supporting the daily operation of a medical laboratory
- >3 years’ experience in management (not restricted to laboratory setting)
Experience with the below is desirable, but not essential:
- Good personality in teamwork.
- Skilled at using computer and software for database keeping.
- Understand culture diversity
What we offer: Working at the Florey offers you the chance to work with a dedicated group of researchers within a culture that focuses on equity, diversity and collaboration. Other benefits include:
- Generous salary packaging to maximise your benefits
- Up to 17% superannuation
- Wellbeing initiatives including flexible working opportunities and access to our employee assistance program
For enquiries please contact our Human Resources Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check.